Citrucel® Methylcellulose Fiber
- Gluten Free.
- The Only Fiber For Regularity That Won't Cause Excess Gas.
Citrucel® is derived from cellulose which occurs naturally in plants and is the most abundant, renewable fiber on earth. With nature at its core, Citrucel is designed to be less harsh on your system and is proven to help restore and maintain regularity. Citrucel is 0% fermentable, so unlike psyllium, it will not cause excess gas or bloating. It is non-allergenic and gluten free.
- helps restore and maintain regularity
- relieves constipation (irregularity)
- for constipation associated with other bowel disorders when recommended by a doctor
- generally produces a bowel movement in 12-72 hours
Active Ingredient (in each caplet) - Purpose:
Methylcellulose (a non-allergenic fiber) 500mg - Bulk-forming fiber laxative
Crospovidone, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin, Povidone, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
Take this product (child or adult dose) with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking.
- Adults & children 12 years of age and over: Start with 2 caplets. Increase as needed up to 6 times per day. Do not exceed 12 caplets per day.
- Children 6-11 years of age: Start with 1 caplet. Increase as needed up to 6 times per day. Do not exceed 6 caplets per day.
- Children under 6 years of age: Consult a physician.
Choking: taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
a sudden change in bowel habits that persists for two weeks,
abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
constipation lasts more than 7 days,
you have rectal bleeding,
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.