Kirkland Signature Quit4 Gum 4 mg
- Compare to Nicorette® Active Ingredient.
- Stop Smoking Aid.
- For Those Who Smoke Their First Cigarette Within 30 Minutes After Waking Up.
- Original Flavor.
- Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 4 mg (Nicotine).
If you smoke your first cigarette MORE THAN 30 MINUTES after waking up, use Quit2™ Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 2 mg.
Serving Size: 1 Piece
Servings Per Container: 380
Active Ingredient (in each chewing piece) - Purpose:
Nicotine Polacrilex (equal to 4 mg nicotine) - Stop smoking aid.
Inactive Ingredients: acesulfame potassium, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, D&C yellow no. 10, flavors, gum base, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate, sorbitol, talc.
Use - reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
Warnings: If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Do not use - if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a sodium-restricted diet.
- heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
- stomach ulcer or diabetes.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug.
- taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur.
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur.
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- if you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
- before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum.
- if you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum 4 mg.
- if you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 2 mg according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Weeks 1 to 6: 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7 to 9: 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10 to 12: 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours
- nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results.
- chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes).
- do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece.
- to improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks.
- if you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use on piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- do not use more than 24 pieces a day.
- it is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
- each piece contains: calcium 100 mg and sodium 11 mg.
- store at 20-25 degrees Celsius (68-77 degrees Fahrenheit).
- protect from light.