Himalayan Institute Ceramic Neti Pot
- Made with lead-free ceramic and food-grade glaze.
- The Original Ceramic Neti Pot™ !
The Himalayan Institute introduced the ceramic Neti Pot™ in 1972. Our trademarked lotus design and distinctive shape dispenses the perfect rate of flow to optimally cleanse the sinus passages.
- Soothe dry nasal passages.
- Gently wash away dust, pollen, and irritants.
- Remove excess mucus... naturally.
Why a Nasal Wash? The nasal passages are lined with a thin layer of mucus that is one of our body's first lines of defense against disease. A nasal wash keeps this layer of mucus moist, clean and healthy. And compared to other nasal wash techniques, using the Neti Pot™ is easy. A nasal wash can be as routine as brushing your teeth.
Use it anytime to:
- Remove excess mucus due to congestion.
- Rid nostrils of pollen and other allergens.
- Cleanse the nasal membranes of dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants.
- Relieve nasal dryness due to air travel.
- Improve flow of breath before doing relaxation or meditation techniques.
Remember a nasal wash is not a substitute for medical treatment. Anyone with chronic inflammation of the nasal passages or other ear, nose, or throat disorders should seek medical attention.
How to use a Neti Pot™:
To use the Neti Pot™, simply prepare the saline solution by adding 8 oz of warm water and a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized salt to your Neti Pot™. Then turn your head to the side, and insert the spout into the upper nostril. Raise the Neti Pot™ so the saline solution flows into the nose and out of the lower nostril. Full, detailed instructions are packaged with the Neti Pot™. Enhance the benefits of the nasal wash with Neti Pot Salt and Neti Wash Plus®.
What the Experts are Saying:
"The Neti Pot™ alone has helped more people than any other modality I use - with consistent use the results can be dramatic."
- Carrie Demers, M.D., Medical Director, Center for Health & Healing, Honesdale, Pennsylvania
"People with chronic sinus conditions should use a nasal douche daily, as it promotes drainage of the sinuses and speeds healing of inflamed tissues."
- Andrew Weil, M.D., Dr. Andrew Weil's Self-Healing newsletter
Proceeds from all our products benefit the world wide humanitarian, environmental and educational projects supported by the Himalayan Institute.